This is the article for you if you are looking for the best Windows web hosting in India.
Web hosting in India come in different types.
Often, it is categorized based on how the webserver is divided, and you get shared hosting, VPS, and dedicated hosting.
On the other hand, VPS hosting in India gives you access to your own resources, even though you are still under the same server as everyone else.
That happens because of virtualization technology.
As for the dedicated hosting.
You have the whole server resources for yourself.
Now, besides this type of categorization, there is Windows and Linux hosting.
Linux hosting in India is just a hosting account running a Linux web server.
It is the most common shared hosting in India.
As for Windows hosting, we are going to look into it in detail in this guide.
What is Windows Hosting?
Just like Linux hosting running on Linux OS, Windows web hosting in India uses Windows operating system.
What happens is the hosting provider installs a Windows OS on a server.
And the result is Windows hosting
Which is is better? Windows hosting or Linux hosting in India?
There is no one package of answers to solve this puzzle.
But to get the whole picture, we will look at how the two web hosting operating systems compare in terms of cost, flexibility, and application.
Windows VS Linux hosting: Application
Depending on the type of application you will be running, one or the other will serve you best.
This is because applications are often designed with a certain OS in mind.
If you are going to running ASP, ASP.NET, or MySQL, you will need Windows hosting in India.
Windows VS Linux hosting: Flexibility
Flexibility involves the degree to which the OS supports and allows customization.
With that in mind, Linux is considered a more flexible OS because it is free and open source.
Windows VS Linux hosting: Cost
Linux is free.
And as you can guess, nothing beats free and quality stuff.
On the flip side, Windows is proprietary software.
And to use it, you will require a license, which often comes as a subscription.
Before we start looking at the best Windows web hosting in India, let’s talk about the critical things you should look for when shopping.
What to look for when shopping for Windows web hosting in India
Windows web hosting in India is no different than any other hosting service, only that you are using a different OS.
For this reason, the things to consider do not vary that much.
Here are some of them;
- Average uptime – you lose a lot whenever your Windows website goes down. As such, you should strive to only partner with hosting providers that have over 99.99% uptime.
- Customer support – remember Windows is not open source, as such, it may prove to be a little harder than normal to run applications with it. When that happens, a responsive and knowledgeable support team will come in handy.
- Security – there is a cyber attack every 90 seconds across the internet. It is safe to assume that your website is not safe. Your hosting provider should have measures in place that help deter or mitigate damages in case of an attack.
By no means this is a complete list of things to consider.
But they should help you get the sense of what you really want for your business.
With that covered, let’s look at the best providers of Windows web hosting in India.
Best Providers Of Windows Web Hosting In India
The company has four plans for you to choose from.
Starting from Rs. 59 per month.
This package gives you access to;
- Disk space starting from 20GB
- 99.9% Uptime
- Servers located in the US
- Bandwidth starting from 100GB
- Free SSL
- 5 email addresses
Features of BigRock’s Windows hosting;
|Dell Rack servers with Dual Quad-Core Xeon CPUs w/32GB RAM & Windows Server 2008.|
|Code in ASP, ASP.NET, PHP 5.3 to PHP 7.3, and leverage both MS-SQL and MySQL.|
|300+ applications (WordPress, Drupal, etc.) installable with one click.|
|Distributed DNS infrastructure with unlimited sub-domains and email accounts.|
Features of HostingRaja Windows web hosting in India;
|Gives you a free domain|
|Supports up to 2 websites|
|You get unlimited disk space|
The pricing starts from $3.99 per month.
Gives you access to windows web hosting with SQL server with the following features;
|ASP.NET 3.5, 4, 4.5|
|Unlimited Storage, Transfer & Emails|
|Free SSL Certificate|
|Free Website Migration|
|30 Day Money Back Guarantee|
|Unlimited MSSQL & Mysql DB, MySQL (MariaDB 10)|
|PLESK control panel|
|Modules Supported: Silverlight, ODBC, ASP.NET MVC 6, 5, 4. Additional modules can be installed upon request.|
The pricing starts from $5 per month.
Truehost offers cheap Windows hosting in India with the following specs;
|Fast Read and Write drives for super-fast websites and applications.|
|Global CDN Network to supercharge high-performance Websites and Apps from anywhere globally.|
|Hardened PHP, ASP, .NET Scripts for websites and apps, are available on Plesk.|
|Utilize either MS SQL or MYSQL database for your project. Running under secure Windows Server platform.|
|Automate tasks via Scheduled Tasks on the Plesk.|
The cheapest package is going for Rs. 675.51 per year.
With this package, you get the following benefits;
- Host up to 3 websites with unlimited subdomains
- Runs on Windows Server 2019
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Free SSL certificate
- 99.99% uptime
This is the best Windows shared hosting in India so far.
GoDaddy Windows hosting comes with the following features;
|All plans utilize Windows® Server 2012 R2.|
|1-click install of popular apps — like WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal.|
|24/7 security monitoring and DDoS protection.|
|200MB MSSQL database storage.|
|1-click setup for GoDaddy registered domains.|
|Flexible, easy-to-use control panel.|
GoDaddy’s cheapest Windows hosting plan in India goes for Rs. 89.19 per month.
With this package, you have access to;
- 30GB hosting space that can support up to 1 website
- Unmetered bandwidth
- 50 FTP users
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Plesk 17.X for Windows
- FTP over SSL (FTPS)
- Raw access logs
- Site statistics
Best Windows Web Hosting In India; Pros and Cons
- Windows web hosting in India is perfect for .NET Framework websites.
- This type of hosting works seamlessly with the FrontPage web design program.
- It is easier to get started if you are already familiar with Windows operating system.
- Access database integrates well with Windows server.
- Windows is not a free operating system
- Windows servers experience more downtimes than Linux. Also, it requires frequent reboots
- Websites running on Windows server are slower than those using Linux
- Windows servers use more resources to run. This may cause problems when your site needs to operate optimally.